Internal Dialog of the Existential Self

Nothing useful will ever be found here. You should look else where. But if you want to see

Name:
Location: Golden, CO

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Concentrate

Lack of concentration can be a bitch. So last Friday, I decided to take the day off from work and go have fun in the outdoors. It was a nice sunny day and it was time for me to start mountain biking again. Went up to Hall Ranch, which is a nice somewhat technical trail that dries out very quickly.

Started riding and I was feeling really good. I only had to put my foot down twice during the first half of the ride which isn’t that bad for this early in the season. As I was returning after completing the loop at the top, I notice that I have a flat on the back tire. Not a big deal. Stopped and took 5 minutes to change the tire and admire what a nice day it was. Every rider that rode by was enjoying themselves and asked if I had everything, which I did but it reminded me how civil people can be while biking.

So, the tire is fixed and I continued my ride. I bomb down the technical downhill section and get to the final bit of the trail. I’m zipping along at about 15 miles and hour. Looking around and thinking what a great ride I just completed. I could see the car in the parking lot about a quarter a mile away. Then all of a sudden I’m sitting on the ground looking at blood drip down my arm. Don’t know what happened but there I was sitting there think “Damn that sucked wonder if I’m hurt” Get up and I have a bruised hip and a couple nicks on my arm. Nothing to bad. Straightened out my handlebars and finished the ride.

Now the whole point is I completed everything that was hard and stop concentrating on what I was doing and got hurt. We’ll see how long it takes before this happens again. Date of occurrence 3/3/06 at 2:24.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home