Internal Dialog of the Existential Self

Nothing useful will ever be found here. You should look else where. But if you want to see

Name:
Location: Golden, CO

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Firetruck

Christmas time in England did not seem as prevalent and it is in the United States. I did not see many houses with Christmas lights on the outside. Houses did have trees in the window but that was the extent of decoration on the houses. In Bristol, I guess there was some lights up but they looked like normal lights on some sculpture thingy. The one event that did make me realize it was the holidays was when I was walking around Bath. In Bath, we were walking down a street in the shopping district when this fire truck comes down the road. It was around 6 o’clock at night and all of a sudden you hear the load speaker turn on the truck and one of the firemen start singing “We wish you a Merry Christmas”. Scotty looked at me and we both laughed. I don’t think I will ever hear that song again without thinking of the fireman sing over the loud speaker as they drove down the street.

1 Comments:

Blogger IPG said...

Well, I did see trees in peoples houses. Also at the store they sold trees in pots. So they can be planted later on. But yeah not many houses were decorated.

3:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home